Friday 14 November 2014

French Flies Russian Deep


 "Everything is related to everything else, but near things are more related than distant things.", -
Tobler's first law of geography

So many times I have heard and pronounced myself this phrase: "AcroYoga is a blend of yoga, acrobatics and healing arts". Indeed this is much more than that. This is also community, friendship, trust, connection, support, dynamic dreams, experience, challenges and and and.

At the beginning of the next year my dear french AcroYoga friend starts a journey where she will be sharing this practice on another continent. We are planning to shoot a promo video for her project before she departs. Various emotions are coming up while I am writing this: the foretaste of the time that we will spend together to make it happen, funny falls, fails and laughter (AcroYoga is the only activity that I know where unsuccessful attempts cause so much joy), insecurity of not being able to organise ourselves well time-wise and space-wise. Still there is this rooting confidence in the air that everything will happen the only way it should.

It is hard to hide that her disappearance from our little Swiss village (well, locals call it city: Basel-Stadt) makes me sad and also that I am enviousabout her trip and experiences she will make. In a very good and well-wishing way of course. The more involved it makes me with regards to our plan.


Less talk, more Acro. Here is our yesterday's warm-up:



1 comment:

  1. the smile given when a part has been accomplished; one of the Yoga essences, joy!

    ReplyDelete